Hearts, and Surgery and Cleveland, Oh My!

Eric gave me way too much credit for being able to provide entertainment through my non-existent ability to blog, except for that of my grammar and spelling errors! I'm still trying to teach myself to only give "one space" after ending a sentence with a period, instead of "two". (We kids using word processors in the early 90's were taught this.) Oh, and I love to use "quotes". Eric mocks me for this, but as you'll see, I still self-satisfyingly do it. Anyway, thanks for visiting and I promise the updates post surgery will get right to the point!

I was trying to recall that exact moment that Eric told me about his heart.... I really can't. It just became part of our  family life. We were busy with two young kids, balancing two jobs (actually three, since Eric had two at that time), taking care of a house, dogs, etc. It really just became normal. The doctors had "guessed 10 years" before we needed to take action, and that just seemed so out of reach at the time..... but here we are. Time always flies.


So, we're off to see the Wizard of Cleveland Clinic. Cleveland Clinic was part of this diagnosis from the very beginning, although in talking about it 10 years ago, it seemed, in all ways, completely out of reach. Even, a year ago, I thought, "How and the heck are we going to do this?" But, everything is falling into place. The Westy Fire Department and the city have been so supportive. Our choosing of Cleveland Clinic has A LOT to do with Eric's career, and getting him back at it as soon as possible. My Cupboard peeps have also been so supportive. They absolutely supported my decision to leave my job of 17 years to focus, not only on my family, but on this adventure of Eric's. Our families and friends are continually lending their support and advice. We are so fortunate! My parents, who live near us, will be holding down our fort here in the Fort. This entails keeping care of our two furry members of the family (that'll be a subject for another blog post), and later picking up the girls from DIA and staying with them until Eric and I return a week later. Two weeks is too long for us all to be apart, but two weeks is too long for the girls to be in Cleveland, so we split it down the middle.

Hello Cleveland! I've never seen you.... not even for a layover, I don't think. First thing I think of is Drew Carey. I never have watched the show, ever, but that's what I think of when I think of Cleveland. Thinking of Drew Carey then makes me think of The Price is Right. Thinking of The Price is Right reminds me of being in my Grandma's living room at the farm, and well, "If You Give a Moose a Muffin". Still, I'm looking forward The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, A Christmas Story House, Cedar Point (although my favorite antique carousel horse isn't there anymore), and taking in a Cleveland Indians game. I'm looking forward to all four of us being together in some uncharted territory. It can only make us learn, grow and strengthen as family unit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

The Winding Yellow Brick Road

Update- 9 Weeks Post Surgery