Channeling My Inner Bridget Jones

Eric had an okay night. Still fighting to keep those blood gases normal. In order to try to get those where they need to be, they have to back off the pain meds. He's in quite a bit of pain and it hurts to breathe. He's also struggling to keep himself constantly breathing through the nasal cannula, because it feels better to take breaths in through his mouth. He's fighting some air bubbles too, but hopefully if we get him up, those will go away. Still working towards getting out of ICU. That's the goal for today.

Now for my inner Bridget Jones.... With that, it's her cursing that I'm channeling......

After all three of us visited Eric in the ICU after Eric got his tube out, I took the girls back to the hotel room to get them settled. Maggie finished showering and called me to her and said, "Mom, I think I have lice." Now, I'm thinking, this is Maggie. Her sunburned scalp from last week's Rugby is probably peeling. But, @#&$! Lice it is! I wanted to cry! Still do! This is our very first  experience with lice! And it happens now! @#$-! My Mom found several lice clinics online here in Cleveland. Who knew of such a thing! I talked to two different technicians at 11:00 pm last night. They both agreed that Maggie picked this up 4-6 weeks ago from what I could tell them. @#$&!!!!!!!!!! One of those clinic's is sending a professional to our hotel today to treat all three of us girls. I think Mackenzie is possibly in the clear, but I've been sharing sleeping space with Maggie over the last week. Again, @#$&?!!!!!! So, of course I needed to alert the ICU since Maggie was in head to head contact with Eric. They checked Eric, and he's clear. Maggie is banned from the ICU. I'm currently sporting a surgical cap as I sit with Eric. @#$&!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Seven Thoughts from California
    1.) Hugs to Maggie.
    2.) For the record - None of us had lice 4-6 weeks ago, so we did not bring it when we visited :)
    3.) You are overestimating how many people have seen Bridget Jones's Diary
    4.) Tell Eric to hang in there.
    5.) You keep hanging in there.
    6.) Learn so more curse words.
    7.) Both Danika and I can't stop itching our heads now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We think it was probably her backpacking trip in Utah. I promise she'll be lice free before she visits you. I love Bridget Jones and everyone else should too. I know lots of expletives, just trying to protect this audience!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

The Winding Yellow Brick Road

Update- 9 Weeks Post Surgery